Rice Paper RollsFrom sprout 8 months ago
- 1-2 cups shredded roast chicken (cold) shopping list
- 1 cup bean sprouts shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion very finely sliced shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, grated shopping list
- 2 large mushrooms finely sliced and diced shopping list
- handful of mixed mint and coriander leaves, chopped roughly shopping list
- 1 portion of vermicelli rice noodles (I buy them in a 250g pack that is divided into 4 portions, so if you dont, about 75g) shopping list
- 2 small or 1 large lime juiced shopping list
- good few shakes of fish sauce (probably about 1 tbsp) shopping list
- round rice paper shopping list
- soy sauce, chilli sauce or sweet chilli sauce to serve (I like to mix soy and hot chilli sauce together for dipping) shopping list
How to make it
- Place the rice noodles in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Place first 6 ingredients together in a bowl and mix together.
- Drain the noodles after about 5 minutes (check to see how fast they are softening - they are nicer with a little bit of texture still in them), and add to the chicken mixture.
- Add the lime juice and fish sauce and give the whole lot a good mix.
- Fill a shallow dish with warm water (big enough for the rice paper to sit in).
- You need to make these one at a time as follows:
- Place the rice paper in the water for about 10 seconds, or until soft and pliable. Place onto a dry, clean tea towel. Using tongs (or your fingers!) place the chicken mixture into the middle of the paper in a sausage like shape. You want to leave some space on either end.
- Fold the ends over the mix, then one side. Roll the folded side towards the unfolded side in a roll. Sounds far more complicated than it is!.
- Place to one side.
- Grab another piece of rice paper and repeat until the mixture is used.
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Note: These will not keep overnight, so if you aren't going to eat them pretty much straight away, save the left over mixture for the next day and make them fresh, or stir fry the mix and serve it in lettuce cups :)
People Who Like This Dish 0
- sprout AU
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooksprout AU
- Not added to any groups yet!