Brown Sugar-glazed Sweet Potatoes with MarshmallowsFrom luisascatering 2 years ago
- 4 pounds red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 2/3 cup packed golden brown sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel (sea salt) shopping list
- Pinch of ground ginger shopping list
- 2 cups all natural vanilla marshmallows shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange potatoes in baking dish. Combine sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt, and ginger in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat. Cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake potatoes 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until potatoes are tender and syrup thickens slightly, basting occasionally, about 20 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 500°F. Top potatoes with marshmallows and nuts. Return to oven; bake until marshmallows begin to melt and nuts begin to brown, about 3-5 minutes.