Kebab ChutneyFrom suninah 2 months ago
- 2 tbsp oil shopping list
- 12 lamb kebabs/meatballs shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped finely shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 3 bruised cardamom pods (elachi) shopping list
- 2 large green chillies sliced through the centre shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp roasted cumin (jeera) shopping list
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (hurdhee) shopping list
- 1 tsp chilli powder/masala shopping list
- 4 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 800g (2 cans) chopped tomatoes (further blended until smooth) shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large frying, heat 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Fry kebabs on high heat for 1 minute on each side and a further
- 2 minutes on each side on low heat.
- Set aside in a covered bowl/pot
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp oil.
- Add onions, bay leaves, cardamom. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Add chillies, garlic and cumin. Fry for 1 min.
- Mix in rest of spices and fry for 1min or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 2 min
- Add sugar and simmer for further 20 min.
- Add kebabs and simmer until fully cooked (about 5 min)
- Add salt to taste.
The Cooksuninah Umhlanga Rocks, South Africa
- Not added to any groups yet!