Triplemint MeringuesFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- ½ cup vanilla sugar shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 3 tbsp potato starch shopping list
- ½ tsp dried mint leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature shopping list
- 4 drops green food colouring shopping list
- ½ tsp peppermint extract shopping list
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together the sugar, salt, potato starch and mint in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a metal or ceramic (not plastic) bowl, whip egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Slowly beat in the sugar mixture and whip until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- Add the food colouring (if using) and extract and beat until incorporated.
- By hand, fold in the mint chocolate chips.
- Dollop spoonfuls onto the parchment for “rustic” (i.e. no-fuss) cookies, or transfer the meringue to a piping bag and pipe round blobs onto the sheet.
- Bake for 75 minutes on the lowest rack of the oven.
- Turn off the oven, leaving the cookies inside, and leave for 3-4 hours before removing.