Cream Of Chicken SoupFrom lagoulue 1 year ago
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 medium spanish onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 large stalks celery (incl. leaves), chopped shopping list
- 3 medium/large carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup (plus or minus) flour shopping list
- 7 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2 - 3 cups cooked chicken, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 1/2 tbsp sherry shopping list
- 1 tbsp kosher or sea salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- Chopped Italian parsley to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, celery and carrots and cook, covered, until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of the flour, bit by bit, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until the mixture is light-gold and very dense and thick.
- Pour in the broth and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Tie the bay leaf, parsley and thyme sprigs together with kitchen twine and add to the soup. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped chicken and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat
- Whisk in the cream, sherry and salt. Remove and discard herb bundle. Season to taste with black pepper and Italian parsley.
The Cooklagoulue New York, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!