North Croatian Beans SoupFrom nitko 2 years ago
- 250 g beans shopping list
- 100 g onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove shopping list
- 20 g lard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 70 g bacon (pancetta, dried, smoked) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika (red, dried, grounded) shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon hot paprika (red, dried, grounded) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- 100 g sour cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley leaves (minced) shopping list
- 3 cups water (you may not use all) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ teaspoon pepper (grounded) shopping list
How to make it
- After soaking beans overnight, cook beans until soft. Drain the beans and put aside two teaspoons of whole beans.
- Make puree out of all other beans using blender (or whatever you use). Finely mince onion, garlic and bacon.
- Melt lard in a cooking pot and sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and bacon and sauté it not more than 2 minutes.
- Add flour and brown it but not too much. Add cold water and make creamy liquid.
- Add hot and sweet paprika and stir.
- Add beans puree and whole beans, stir. Add bay leaf and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Add water and cook about 45 minutes.
- Before serving taste the soup, if it is not sour you may drop few drops of vinegar (if you do cook for more 5 minutes).
- Add sour cream and parsley leaves and serve.