Caprese SaladFrom carlosdrane 8 months ago
- 4 medium tomatoes (about 1.25 lbs, washed and cored) shopping list
- 1/2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly shopping list
- 5 basil leaves (stacked neatly, rolled into a cylinder n cut into thin ribbons) shopping list
- 2 -3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- balsamic vinegar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tomatoes into 1/4-in. slices and arrange on a plate, alternating tomatoes with mozzarella slices.
- Scatter basil ribbons over the tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- NOTE: I would add a bit of balsamic vinegar when I serve it on my plate because it's like the one at Macaroni and Grill.
The Cookcarlosdrane Dallas, Texas
- Not added to any groups yet!