LabnehFrom pointsevenout 3 years ago
How to make it
- Use Yogurt or if you have to, a store bought yogurt.
- Stir up yogurt. Add salt if you are using homemade yogurt and stir again.
- Pour yogurt into a tea towel lined strainer with a catch bowl underneath to catch the whey.
- Gather the tea towel up and tie it. Suspend tea towel over the strainer for 24 hours. This may be done in the fridge if you wish.
- Save the whey for cooking and baking or just for drinking. It makes things rise better.
- After 24 hours open up the tea towel. Apply olive oil to your hands to facilitate shaping the cheese. I shape it to a brick form. Wrap it in plastic wrap, then in foil.
- Each quart makes a little over a half pound of cream cheese.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!