Pork Roast-meat “aristo”From nitko 6 months ago
- 2000 g pork roast-meat (it can be one large piece of pork chops or shoulder) shopping list
- 20 g garlic shopping list
- 10 g rosemary (take fresh branches) shopping list
- 8 g clove shopping list
- 15 g thyme (dried) shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
- 8 g black pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 100 g onion (or one medium onion) shopping list
How to make it
- First cut the garlic into sticks. Pierce the meat with thin knife an put into holes garlic sticks, rosemary leaves and cloves to cover the whole roast-meat. Season with salt, pepper and thyme all over the roast-meat, cover with olive oil and put the whole peeled onion aside. If you have surplus of clove, stick them into onion.
- Put the whole pot into hot oven (220°C). The best is to have a clay pot. Bake it for 2 hours (usually: 1 kg=1 hour).
- When ready, remove the bones (if any), cut the meat across and serve. If you decide to have it cold, wait until cools and cut into thin pieces.
- Serve with baked potato you can bake with the roast meat, but than put the potato 40 minutes before end.
- Important to know: change temperature during baking: first 30 minutes on 220°C, than 1 hour on 180°C, and than again on 220°C. Don’t eat the onion, just throw it away. You can also make sauce from dripping
The Cooknitko Zagreb, Croatia
- Not added to any groups yet!