Sweet Potato HashFrom mattandmaren 2 years ago
- olive oil (or other sauteeing oil) shopping list
- 1 pound ground sausage shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3-5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds shopping list
- 1 1/2 - 2 pounds sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed (but not peeled) and cut into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, tough stems removed and leaves chopped shopping list
- salt and black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 4 duck eggs (or regular eggs) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a little oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage; crumble and cook until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic, thyme and fennel seeds; cook until onion is soft, about 5 minutes. Remove mixture from pan.
- Add a little more oil and heat, then add yams. Cook until golden and tender, stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes. Return sausage mixture to the skillet and stir in kale. Cook until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon, make 4 shallow indentations in the hash and crack 1 egg into each indentation. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until whites are set, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
The Cookmattandmaren Kirkland, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!