Creamy Fudge BarsFrom browneyegirl 1 month ago
- 1 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all - purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 cups quick rolled oats, uncooked shopping list
- Filling shopping list
- 1 package (12 ounce) semisweet chocolate pieces shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 teaspoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup nuts or walnuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and suggar.Mix in eggs and vanilla.Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.Stir in rolled oats.Add dry ingredients to creamy mixture.Set aside.
- In a sauce pan over boiling water mix together chocolate pieces, sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt.Stir until mixture is smooth.Stir in vanilla and nuts.Spread about 2/3 oatmeal mixture in a bottom of a greased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.Cover with chocolate mixture.Dot with remainder of oatmeal mixture and swirl it over chocolate filling.Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.Makes 60.2x1 inch bars.