Calcium Chloride SolutionFrom pointsevenout 3 years ago
How to make it
- Calcium Chloride is not abundant enough in paseurized milk to make good curds.
- My source of CaCl2 is AKA Pickle Crisp Granules from Ball Mfg found in the canning section of the grocery store in a 5.5oz jar. That's enough to treat over 200 gallons of milk.
- Mix CaCl2 and water in a half-pint canning jar. Place lid and screw ring on jar, shake to dissolve granules.
- Mark the lid that 1 tsp = 1 gal.
- One half-pint jar of this concentrated solution is enough to treat 19 gallons milk.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Shake before use.
The Cookpointsevenout Athens, AL
- Not added to any groups yet!