If I Had 1,000,000 Dollars KetchupFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 6 oz dry-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 dried mulato chiles, chopped shopping list
- hot water to cover shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- ½ cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups low-sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- ¼ cup packed demerara sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp tamari or dark soy sauce shopping list
- ¼ tsp smoked sea salt shopping list
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the tomatoes and chiles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Add the soaked mixture (with liquid), garlic, vinegars, wine, broth, sugar, tamari, salt and pepper to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 ½ hours on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor with the water and puree smooth.
- At this point, depending on the consistency, you can add more water or return it to the pot and simmer to condense slightly.
- Can in a hot-water bath for 20 minutes, freeze up to 6 months or transfer to a jar and store in the fridge up to 2 months.