Healthier Wanmansita CasseroleFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey breast shopping list
- 2 large, sweet onions, sliced shopping list
- 4 stalks celery, diced shopping list
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 lb whole wheat macaroni pasta, cooked and drained shopping list
- 1 (29 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes (undrained) shopping list
- 1 (5 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 tbsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp mustard powder shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (I like extra old) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9x13" pan
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet and add the turkey. Cook, stirring, until no traces of pink remain. Remove to a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the onion, celery, mushrooms, peppers and zucchini to the skillet. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Place in the bowl with the turkey.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, water chestnuts and spices to the bowl and mix well to incorporate.
- Spoon evenly into the pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese and bake a further 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze128 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Garden Harvest90 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Nut Free5 members