Pulled Pork/bacon SlidersFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- 3 slices bacon, coarsley chopped shopping list
- 1 T. minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 6 to 8 oz. pulled pork shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 T. mirin shopping list
- 2 T. rice vinegar shopping list
- 1 T. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 T. soy sauce shopping list
- 8 sandwich buns or 14 to 16 mini-slider buns shopping list
- Sandwich condiments (optional): shopping list
- hoisin sauce shopping list
- Sriracha shopping list
- pickled ginger, Sliced radishes, bread-&-butter pickles shopping list
- Sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon and ginger over moderate heat until bacon is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the pullled pork and combine with the bacon pieces and ginger.
- In a small bowl combine the chicken stock, mirin, rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce; pour over the meat mixture in the skillet. Cook over medium heat until the liquid has cooked away, about 15 to 18 minutes. Stay close after 10 minutes so the mixture does not burn.
- Toast the buns if desired and arrange on a platter; spread hoisin sauce over the buns and top with the meat mixture. Drizzle a little more hoisin over and sprinkle with Sriracha and add what condiments you like to top the sandwiches off. Top with the bun and serve.