Vivianas Lentils RecipeFrom msloyola 6 years ago
- 2 cups of lentlis shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 big carrot, chopped or grated shopping list
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- ½ cup of rice shopping list
- 3 spiced or smoked sausages, cut into slices shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- grated cheese (Your preference) shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the lentils in water the night before the whole night.
- Two cups of lentils will be ok for 4 medium plates .
- Boil the lentils in water with salt.
- Separately fry the onion, garlic, carrots and red bell pepper until tender in either oil or water with salt. If you use water with salt, just be sure to add more water as needed and keep a close eye on it. It will evaporate quickly but the water is healthier than oil.
- When it is ready pour it to the lentils pot and continue boiling.
- After 20 minutes boiling the lentils add the rice and keep boiling for another 20 minutes.
- Fry the spiced or smoked sausages in slices.
- Finally, when you are going to serve the plates put the slices of spiced or smoked sausage on the lentils, and sprinkle with grated cheese.