Sloppy Joe SlidersFrom littlesponger 3 years ago
- 3 lbs ground turkey shopping list
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp steak seasoning blend ( I used McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning ) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp onion powder shopping list
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika shopping list
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped shopping list
- 1 (28oz.) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (14oz.) can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 2-3 Tbsp tomato paste shopping list
- 24 slider buns, split, toasted, and lightly buttered shopping list
- 1/2 red onions, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Heat the oil, add the ground turkey, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika, steak seasoning powder, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon, until browned through about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, bell peppers and onions, and cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and 2 Tbsp tomato paste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, cook until the sauce thickens, 10 to 15 minutes. (Add 1 or more Tbsp of tomato paste to control the consistency).
- Serve on the toasted buns top with chopped red onions.