Mini Breakfast Italian Sausge PiesFrom otterpond 1 year ago
- 3/4 lb bulk Italian sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup onions, minced shopping list
- 7 stalk Fresh green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (large), minced shopping list
- 4 oz cheese, Cheddar, shredded shopping list
- 1/2 cup Bisquick Original All Purpose baking mix shopping list
- 1/4 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 egg shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage and crumble it until no longer pink. Remove sausage to drain and pour off all excess oil. Return the pan to heat and saute the onions and peppers until well softened. Add back in the sausage combine well and remove the pan to cool off.
- Cool 5 minutes; stir in cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir baking mixture ingredients with whisk or fork until blended.
- [Note: I used carnation milk and water only because I was out of milk -- just use 1/2 cup of milk if you have it]
- Spoon 1 scant tablespoon baking mixture into each muffin cup. Top with about 1/4 cup sausage mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon baking mixture onto sausage mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, and tops of muffins are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack. Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve.
- Nutrition Info At: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/mini-breakfast-italian-sausage-pies/#ixzz2vZ3UJYLl