Lemony Ricotta MuffinsFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 3/4 cup full-fat ricotta cheese (I used homemade Richer Ricotta) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup low fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola oil shopping list
- grated Meyer lemon zest from about 5 medium-sized lemons shopping list
- 1/4 cup meyer lemon juice shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour (or more spelt) shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- ¼ cup icing sugar shopping list
- ½ - 1 tsp limoncello (or lemonade, for non-alcoholic) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 10 cups of a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the ricotta, sugar, milk, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Spoon into the pan and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the icing sugar and Limoncello until thick but pourable. Spoon over cooled muffins and allow to set.