Eggless Bread Pudding In A JarFrom jo_jo_ba 7 months ago
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- ½ cup chickpea flour shopping list
- 2 tbsp custard powder shopping list
- ½ cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- ½ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 4 cups day old bread (I used Moms Holiday Brioche, but would also suggest something like cinnamon raisin, a good French loaf or even honey-wheat bagels), torn or cubed - about 8 slices of a store-bought loaf shopping list
- 1 cup raisins shopping list
- ½ cup craisins shopping list
- ½ cup yoghurt chips shopping list
- ½ cup chopped mixed nuts shopping list
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the milk, chickpea flour, custard powder, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Add the bread, raisins, Craisins, yoghurt chips, and nuts. Fold into the milk mixture, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spoon soaked pudding into 6 (1-cup) wide-mouth jars or ramekins and sprinkle the tops of each bread pudding with sugar.
- Place jars into a deep roasting dish (that can be covered) and place on the oven rack.
- Pour boiling water into the pan to come a third of the way up the sides of the jars.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the puddings comes out mostly clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the water bath, then remove with tongs.
- If not serving within 2 hours, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve the puddings in their jars - Warm, room temperature, cold, or reheated individually for a few seconds in the microwave - but always with two spoons and someone to share with!
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔