Baby Seashells With Cabbage, Onions And Red Bell PepperFrom champagnetime 3 years ago
- 1 Tbs +1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned, then cut in strips shopping list
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp fennel seeds shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 6 oz baby Seashell pasta shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Place a large nonstick saucepan or skillet o9ver medium heat 30 seconds; heat the oil 30 seconds more. Add the onions, cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes until golden. Add the bell pepper strips, cabbage, broth and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes until cabbage is wilted.
- 2. Add the vinegar, fennel, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Reduce the heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes until cabbage is bite tender. Remove the cover, increase the heat to medium and cook 5 minutes more until liquid has evaporated.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to pkg. directions in a large pot of boiling water; drain and add to the cabbage mixture.
- Tips: For added flavor and not much increase in calorie numbers, if you have a little leftover pastrami or other highly flavored meat, add to the dish for the last 5 minutes.
- Author: a Chef's Journey recipe