Double Dark Chocolate Beet MuffinsFrom pinchmysalt 8 years ago
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1cup of whole-wheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup of Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2/3 cup of Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 t. of baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup beet puree* shopping list
- 1/2 t. of salt shopping list
- 2 t. of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts shopping list
- 1/4 cup of butter shopping list
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 eggs, (lightly beaten) shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Now grease up a 12-cup muffin tin or you can line it with paper cups instead. Set this aside for now.
- In a large sized bowl, whisk up the wheat-flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well mixed. Stir in the half cup chocolate and nuts; set this aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the other (2/3 cup) chocolate chips and butter over super low heat. Stir this to combine and set aside to let cool until it is lukewarm.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together brown sugar, eggs, beet puree, vanilla, buttermilk and the melted chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into your dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do NOT over mix!!!
- Then immediately spoon the batter into the 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. The batter should entirely fill the wells.
- Place muffin pan in a preheated 375 F oven. Bake for around 18-20 minutes.
- You can tell the muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. I beg you, do not over-bake these!
- Finally cool muffins for about 10 minutes in the pan then remove to a wire rack to cool entirely.