Garlic Ancho Chile JamFrom champagnetime 1 year ago
How to make it
- . Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2. Cut off and discard tops of garlic heads to expose cloves and rub each head with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Wrap heads together in foil and bake in middle of oven until tender, about 45 minutes. Cool to warm.
- 3. While garlic is roasting, toast chiles in a dry heavy skillet over moderate heat, turning, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Soak chiles in hot water until softened, about 20 minutes, then drain.
- 4. Squeeze garlic from skins into a food processor and purée with chiles, vinegar, honey, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and salt to taste. Force purée through a sieve into a bowl.
- Source: Gourmet | October 2002 - Adapted from chef Robert del Grande
- I used this jam on a pizza along with:
- Pesto with Pine Nuts and Pistachios
- Pesto With Pine Nuts Pistachios