Sunny SushiFrom jgnat 3 years ago
- 1 cup whole wheat basmati rice shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 carrot, julienne shopping list
- 1/2 stalk celery, julienne shopping list
- 2 stalks green onion, quartered lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, julienne shopping list
- 1/8 cup medium-firm tofu, marinated in 1 tsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1/8 cup porcini mushrooms, reconstituted in 1 Tbsp cider vinegar shopping list
- 4 sheets nori paper shopping list
How to make it
- Bring rice and cold water to a boil. Allow to boil for three minutes, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for another thirty minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about twenty minutes.
- In the meantime, cut up the carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper.
- Reconstitute the Porcini mushrooms,
- Julienne the tofu and sprinkle the soy sauce over. See Photo
- Whisk together the rice vinegar, sugar and soy sauce until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture over the rice and stir to coat well.
- Lay a bamboo mat on the counter, and lay your first Nori sheet on the mat, shiny side up.
- Spoon a half-cup rice on the Nori, flattening with the back of a spoon.
- Lay the vegetables, mushrooms, and tofu along the side you will be rolling.
- Roll the vegetables and rice tightly, using the bamboo mat to firmly roll the rice together. The Nori softens from the sticky rice.
- The Nori may seal itself but if it doesn't,, moisten with water and seal.
- Slice the roll in to one inch slices with a sharp knife frequently rinsed with cold water.
People Who Like This Dish 0
- jgnat Edmonton, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookjgnat Edmonton, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!