Medium - Hot Chunky SalsaFrom jo_jo_ba 8 months ago
- 8 large tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 large red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 large green pepper, diced shopping list
- 3 hot cherry (or jalapeno) peppers, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 Thai or serrano chili, seeded and minced shopping list
- 10 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- ½ cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste shopping list
- ¼ cup water shopping list
- 3 tbsp minced fresh oregano shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin shopping list
- ¼ tsp ancho chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- pinch raw sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the broiler to HI and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Place the tomatoes (cut side down) on the sheet and broil for 5-10 minutes, until the skins blacken. Pinch off the skins and coarsely chop.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep pot and place over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into jars and process in a hot waterbath for 20 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!