Brazilian Cheese RollsFrom gourmetana 2 years ago
- 1 cup sweet tapioca starch (polvilho doce) shopping list
- 1 cup sour tapioca starch (polvilho azedo) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 extra-large egg or 2 medium shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Sift the flours (especially the sour one) and mix them together.
- In a pan over medium heat, combine oil, butter, water, milk, and salt. Simmer the mixture. Then, let cool down a little bit.
- Mix the flour mixture with the warm liquid mixture very well with a wooden spoon. Then, wait for this mixture cool down enough to add the egg(s) one at a time. Knead well with your hands. Add the cheese and mix well. The more homogeneous the dough, the better — but also the more difficult to roll. Let rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature. Grease your hands with oil before forming each ball (small lemon size). Place them on a tray and freeze them for about 30 minutes.
- When frozen, store the balls in a ziploc bag in the freezer for up to 30 days (in this case, let them thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before baking) or bake them at 375 F (about 180 degrees C) on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet for 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.