Quick-fix Focaccia WedgesFrom champagnetime 4 months ago
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 1 Tbs olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup rinsed and drained canned white beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 4 pieces focaccia, each about 4”X6” shopping list
- red sweet pepper (optional) shopping list
- fresh marjoram (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook and stir onion and pepper in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until onion turns brown. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Add beans to skillet; cook 2 minutes, swirling the skillet to brown the beans.
- Add wine or broth and thyme; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Mash beans slightly. Set aside.
- Cut each piece of focaccia in half horizontally; for 8 pieces. Spread bread with bean mixture; top with onion; place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450°F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut each piece of bread into triangles; making 16 portions. Garnish with red pepper and marjoram, if desired.
- Wine to go with: Gewurztraminer, Pinto Grigio, Riesling, or surprisingly, a 14 Hands ‘Hot to Trot’
- Source: a Chef’s Journey adapted from BHG, 1998