Simon's Apple Butter #1From alliesev 11 months ago
How to make it
- 1. Peel and core apples, chop and put in slow cooker. Squeeze over lemon juice. Cook for at least 4 hours or until apples are very soft and fall apart. Overnight is good.
- 2. Grind up seeds from cardamom pods, cloves, allspice, and add to mixture along with ground spices and bourbon.
- 3. Put in oven at 400 F in a baking dish or the slow cooker dish. Stir and scrape edges every 20-30 minutes. Cook until reduced by about half, texture is sticky and colour is dark brown.
- 4. Remove and put in containers. Freezes well.
The Cookalliesev Wellington, NZ
- Not added to any groups yet!