Barbecued Bacon-wrapped Quail With Jalapeño Ranch DressingFrom twill10 2 years ago
- thx to Chef Dean Fearing and Texas Monthly magazine shopping list
- Barbecued bacon-Wrapped quail with Jalapeño ranch dressing shopping list
- Serves 4 shopping list
- Ingredients: shopping list
- Four 4-ounce semi-boneless quail shopping list
- salt shopping list
- Freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 8 thin strips seeded jalapeno chile shopping list
- 8 strips smoked bacon shopping list
- 1 cup warm Texas-Style barbecue sauce or use your favorite sauce shopping list
- 1 cup jalapeno ranch dressing shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat the oven to 375F.
- 2.Place the quail on a clean cutting board. Working with one at a time and using a small, sharp knife, cut the wing tips and legs from each bird. Cut down the center of the backbone of each quail, opening up the body. Lay flat, skin side down.
- 3.Generously season all sides of each quail with salt and pepper. Lay 2 strips of chile down the center of each one and, working from one cut side, roll the birds into a tight cylinder.
- 4.Working with one bird at a time, place 2 strips of bacon, side by side, on a clean surface. Place a rolled quail on one end, and again roll into a tight cylinder, completely enclosing the quail. Repeat the process to cover all the birds.
- 5.Place the rolled quail, seam side down, in a baking pan, leaving about 2 inches between birds. Transfer to the preheated oven and roast for about 12 minutes, or until the bacon is thoroughly cooked and nicely browned.
- 6.Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 7.Using a serrated knife cut each quail roll crosswise into ½-inch-thick rounds. Place a small skewer through each round, going straight through the center, entering and exiting through the bacon wrap. Dip the quail rolls into the barbecue sauce to glaze slightly.
- 8.Place on a platter and serve warm with the ranch dressing for dipping.
The Cooktwill10 Cape Girardeau, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!