Healthy Cauliflower SoupFrom eyliable 2 years ago
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, stalk and all, diced roughly (this is variable, use more or less) shopping list
- 1-2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced (again, variable. I always keep my potato ratio less than cauliflower, but using more can make a creamier result) shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 rasher of bacon, diced (optional) shopping list
- chicken or vegetable stock to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Start off with onion and bacon in a cold pot, bring to heat slowly, so the bacon releases it's own oil to cook with. Next, add garlic. Allow a minute or two for the onion to soften a little and the bacon to gain a touch of colour.
- *This is optional, if you're in a rush, you can just add everything in one go and simmer, though I find the flavour is nicer if you're able to.
- Add in cauliflower and potato and cover with stock. Top up with water. I bring to the boil and then turn it down to a nice simmer.
- Once the vegetables are soft to the touch, blend to a puree. Leave a few chunks if you prefer the texture.
- Season with salt and pepper, or try adding a little dollop of horseradish cream.
The Cookeyliable Wonderland, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!