Strawberries And Cream PieFrom c2max 10 months ago
- Oat Shortbread Crust: shopping list
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, toasted shopping list
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- Cream Filling: shopping list
- 8-oz block cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 tub Cool Whip (8 oz) (Alternately, you could use 1 C heavy whipping cream, whip until very stiff) shopping list
- 1 LB container (approx 2 cups fresh strawberries) rinsed and halved shopping list
- chocolate Drizzle for the top: shopping list
- ½ C chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 ½ TB shortening shopping list
How to make it
- CRUST: Process oats in a food processor until finely ground. Place in a large bowl; add the flour, sugar, lemon peel, baking powder and salt. Slowly add oil, stirring until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine milk and vanilla; stir into flour mixture, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 7-8 times. Place pastry between sheets of waxed paper; roll out to fit a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Grease the tart pan; gently press pastry into pan. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Remove foil; bake 8-12 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. ** Alternately, you could use refrigerator pie crust and line pie pan or tart pan with the dough and pre-bake 10-13 minutes. Let the crust cool completely before you fill the pie.
- FILLING: In small bowl with electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and extract and sugar until soft and well blended. GENTLY fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into cooled baked shell and smooth out the top.
- Arrange the strawberries on top as you wish. Refrigerate while preparing the chocolate drizzle.
- CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Melt chocolate chips and shortening in the microwave on high at 30 second increments, stirring constantly, until smooth. Use a fork for drizzling the melted chocolate over the strawberries.
The Cookc2max Woodridge, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!