Pie Crust PastryFrom ashleyburgamy 6 months ago
How to make it
- Sift flour with salt.
- Cut the shortening in with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle 4 tablespoons ice water, one tablespoonful at a time, over the flour mixture and blend it in with a fork.
- Wrap the dough in waxed paper and chill it for at least 15 minutes.
- Makes enough pastry for 2-crust pie or 2 eight-inch or nine-inch pie shells.
- When wrapped or placed in a covered container, chilled dough will keep in the refrigerator for 2 days.
- Then make your pie filling and go from there! :)
The Cookashleyburgamy Austin, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!