Baked Green Tomatoes With OnionFrom asmith 2 years ago
- 3 medium green tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small onion shopping list
- 1/2 c olive oil, approximately shopping list
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar, approximately shopping list
- 1-2 tsp bottled minced garlic shopping list
- coarse sea salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- dried oregano to taste shopping list
- dry mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and garlic,
- Trim and slice tomatoes and onion
- Pour some of the vinaigrette in the bottom of an appropriately sized glass baking dish and tilt pan to coat bottom. Lay tomato slices in a single layer and top with onions, sections separated.
- Pour remaining vinaigrette over tomatoes and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano to taste and lightly with dry mustard. (I was fairly liberal with salt, pepper and oregano)
- Using your hands, turn and stir onions and tomatoes to ensure they are well coated, making sure that the tomatoes end up lying flat on the bottom of the pan. If needed add more spices.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 - 60 mins, until tomatoes are soft and onions are browning.
The Cookasmith Misery, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!