Southern Buttermilk Pound CakeFrom grannysboy 1 year ago
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter +pan coating butter shopping list
- 3 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour +pan coating flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use butter to thoroughly coat inside of bundt pan, then lightly coat with flour.
- With a mixer, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar, a little at a time. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add vanilla. Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with buttermilk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour. Try not to over mix when adding the flour and buttermilk, you want all the ingredients to just be moistened. Pour into a buttered and floured bundt pan and bake for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- *TIP ~ I place a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil on the rack under my bundt pan rack, as this recipe will sometimes slightly bubble over the bundt pan when cooking.
The Cookgrannysboy Woodstock, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!