Leek And Orzo GratinFrom champagnetime 2 years ago
- 1 cup whole wheat orzo shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 medium leeks, cleaned and sliced, white and light green parts only shopping list
- 1 T. chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- Salt & black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 oz.) shredded Fontina cheese (or what you have on hand) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 2-qt. baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook orzo according to pkg. directions.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the orzo, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the orzo mixture to the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Suggested wine: very good with a 7 Deadly Zin and served with Garlic marinated flank steak.