Garlic And Zucchini SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 2 months ago
- 2 tbsp camelina or olive oil shopping list
- 6 Egyptian onion bulbs (or 1 medium white onion), chopped shopping list
- 25 large cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 4 medium or 3 large zucchini (about 35 oz total), chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup white wine shopping list
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger shopping list
- ½ tsp black pepper shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a heavy pot, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add garlic and cook 5 minutes longer - don’t brown the garlic, just cook to soften.
- Add the zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to tenderize.
- Pour in the wine and stir to incorporate, then add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 minutes.
- Puree smooth using either an immersion blender or in batches with a regular blender to puree.
- Stir in ginger, pepper and salt.
- This soup is better after a night in the refrigerator!
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze126 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
School Lunches And Snacks76 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members
Low Fat And Fabulous110 members