Baked Spanish - Style TortillaFrom jo_jo_ba 1 year ago
- 1 tbsp fruity olive oil shopping list
- 1 large zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced shopping list
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced shopping list
- 12 oz lb new potatoes, quartered and cooked (I steamed mine) shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- Baked Spanish-Style Tortilla1 (500ml) carton Southwestern Egg Creations (or 8 eggs + diced red bell pepper to taste) shopping list
- ½ tsp paprika shopping list
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2/3 cup 18% cream shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh thyme shopping list
- 3 scallions, minced shopping list
- 1 oz dry Spanish chorizo, diced* shopping list
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled shopping list
Note: Chorizo can be omitted for vegetarian (or use a vegan Soyrizo or spicy sausage substitute)
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and grease a 9” springform pan wrapped in foil.
- Heat oil in a deep saute pan over medium heat and add the zucchini and shallots.
- Cook until zucchini begins to brown, then add the potatoes and garlic (and peppers if using) and cook 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, beat the Egg Creations (or eggs), paprika, salt, pepper, cream, thyme, green onions and cheese until well combined.
- Add sauteed mixture and stir through gently.
- Pour into the pan and bake until the eggs set, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool at least 5 minutes before running a thin knife around the edge of the pan and unmoulding.
- This is great warm or cold.