Chicken Pot PieFrom tuilelaith 2 years ago
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 cup frozen green peas shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced celery shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery.
- Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust.
- Pour hot liquid mixture over.
- Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough.
- Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
The Cooktuilelaith Columbia, MO
- Not added to any groups yet!