Broiled And Baked Chicken Breasts With Cashew And Turnip Bulb CakesFrom bradkessler 1 year ago
- 1 turnip bulb (baseball size or smaller) shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves , crushed shopping list
- 1 small onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 - 5oz bag of Real bacon bits shopping list
- 3 celery stalks finely chopped shopping list
- 3TBS cashew halves and pieces shopping list
- 3oz grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 Eggs shopping list
- olive oil or any cooking oil shopping list
- 4 good size chicken breasts with the skin on shopping list
- salt and pepper (I basted the chicken briefly in a super hot sauce and water and left out the salt and pepper) shopping list
- For the sauce: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups apple juice shopping list
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cooking apple finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- cut 4 long slices from the peeled Turnip and set aside.
- Grate the rest of the turnip and add to a saute pan along with the garlic, onion, bacon bits, celery and cashew pieces and sweat over medium heat and a touch of oil for about 5 minutes.
- Mix grated cheese and the 2 eggs mixture in a cup before adding to the saute pan and mixing together.
- Divide the mix into 12 cupcake holders and cook at 425 for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and use a knife around the sides to loosen and a spoon to lift each out to a plate for later use. See Photo
- Bush the Turnip slices from earlier with oil and put on a jelly roll pan underneath each skin side down chicken breast.
- Broil for 10 minutes and then flip the chicken and broil until the skin is browned. Turn oven down to 350 and bake for 30 minute to make sure the chicken is done throughout.
- Next make the sauce... Combine the Apple juice and Chicken stock and reduce by 2/3's before adding the grated apple.
- Place spinach on plate, followed by Turnip cakes, Chicken, and the Apple Glaze. See Photo
- 23 carbs, 12g fat, 27g protein, and 312 Cal
The Cookbradkessler Anderson, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!