Spicy Chicken Fried RiceFrom Tim Pang 9 years ago
- diced onions shopping list
- Crushed garlic shopping list
- Ground white pepper shopping list
- ground ginger or galangal shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons of light soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of peanut oil shopping list
- chicken thighs sliced into cubes or strips shopping list
- salt and black pepper (to taste) shopping list
- Red finger peppers (or chili flakes) shopping list
- frozen vegetable mix shopping list
- One sprig shopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 jumbo eggs shopping list
- One cup cooked steamed rice, cooled overnight in the fridge shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate the chicken with the light soy sauce and white pepper and let sit for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Heat a large wok over high heat and add 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil. Swirl to coat the wok.
- Add the onions, garlic, and red peppers and toss briefly, allowing the onions to cook till soft (approx. 2-3 minutes).
- Add the chicken and stir fry for about 5 minutes, and then reduce the heat to medium and let the chicken sit for another two minutes to cook through.
- Now its time to fry your eggs. Remove the food from the wok and add the remaining one tablespoon of oil. Swirl to coat the wok. Crack your eggs into the wok and scramble them lightly with a bamboo spatula.
- Add the chicken back in along with the frozen vegetable mix and toss for a couple of minutes. Turn the heat back up to high, add the cooled rice and dark soy sauce and toss together until food is distributed evenly throughout the rice. Allow about 5 minutes total time for all the food to warm (by this step, each of the ingredients is cooked so its just a matter of warming the food).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide into two portions and garnish with cilantro.
The CookTim Pang Scranton, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!