Wine Braised Beef RibsFrom juliegirl 10 years ago
- 1-2 lbs of boneless beef short ribs shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced thin shopping list
- 8 oz of red wine (preferably something you would drink). I used a Cabernet for this . shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes shopping list
- additional beef broth or water as needed for braising shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- fresh ground black pepper and sea salt to taste shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- heat olive oil in a dutch oven. Add sliced onions and saute until translucent and soft. Add liquids (wine and broth) and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Add bay leaf. Check and stir every 30 minutes to make sure braising liquid does not evaporate lest the meat stick. Braise ribs for 3 hours or until very tender. Remove bay leaf. Serve ribs and liquid over garlic mashed potatoes or your choice of pasta.
The Cookjuliegirl Huntsville, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!