Crescent RollsFrom maryelizlawson 7 years ago
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and half of the flour into the yeast mixture.
- Add the remaining flour blending until smooth. Scrape the dough fromt he sides of the bowl and cpver with a cloth dampened in warm water. (The cloth should feel wet, but not be so wet that water drips onto the dough.)
- Let rise in a warm place (85^F), until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Divide the dough in half, rolling each half into a 12-inch circle 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread the soft butter and cut eat circle into 16 wedges.
- Roll up each wedge beginning at the larget end.
- Place, point side down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Curve to form crescents.
- Cover and let rise until double, 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400^F and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until they are rich golden brown.
- Brush with soft butter.
- Makes 32 crescent rolls.
The Cookmaryelizlawson Columbus, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!