Pasta SauceFrom recipediva 7 years ago
- 1 large can Crushed tomato (Furmano’s) chunky crushed or Tutorossa's, Blue labeled can(puree if you like it. It is all to your taste) shopping list
- 2 (29 ounce) Contadina Sauce shopping list
- 1 small tomato paste (contadina only) shopping list
- onions shopping list
- garlic shopping list
- to taste: garlic powder, grated cheese (don't always add this) shopping list
- basil, crushed pepper flakes ( I add alot, pour it in your hand and crush them up some) shopping list
- Some may like to add sugar. I have never had to add sugar to this. shopping list
- Add: Hot or sweet sausage, meatballs, You can also brown country ribs, chicken make it hearty if you want, even pork chops. shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion & garlic in oil.
- Add sauce, garlic powder, cheese, Basil (a lot of basil and add more Basil at the end), Add little oregano(she does not add any, oregano makes it bitter), lots of crushed pepper flakes, cook for ½ hour with lid cracked. Remember; add more basil at end of cooking. This is best used next day.
- This is a mix and match recipe. Do not use Cento tomato products. Always seem to be so sour. I only use Furmano's or Tutorossa brand in Sauce and Puree. I only use Contiadina Paste.
- I also make this in very large quantities. I buy the huge size cans as well. And just mix and match.
- SECRET: I know this is not very italian. When I make large pot full of sauce. I recently add 1 stick of butter to the sauce. Rounds out the flavors some makes is smooth tastiing. This was not part of the recipe. It is my addition that I love.