Strawberry JamFrom floridasunshine 7 years ago
How to make it
- Pour crushed berries into large boiler.
- Measure sugar into seperate container and set aside.
- Stir package of Sure-Jell into strawberries.
- Add butter.
- First you wan to bring berries and Sure-Jell to a full boil (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) then you can add in sugar.
- Remember that this must be stirred constantly.
- Next add in sugar, stirring quickly.
- Then return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil approx. 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Then you can move from heat.
- Now skim foam from top with metal spoon.
- Then ladle quickly into jars that have been cleaned and preheated.
- Next you need to clean rims of jars with clean hot cloth.
- The place heated lids (lids that have been placed in simmering water for 1 minute) on jars and tighten rings.
- Then urn jars upside down for 5 minutes.
- Finally, return jars to upright position and let cool completely before storing.