Pork Chops And RiceFrom dixiediner 6 years ago
How to make it
- Brown pork chops in a skillet with a little oil - add a diced onion as the pork chops brown, if desired.
- Remove pork chops to a plate (they don't have to be fully cooked just browned).
- Add 1 can chicken broth or 1 to 1.5 cups of water to the pan and bring to a boil. Add 1 cup rice, stir, return to a boil, stir. Lower heat to medium-low (simmer).
- Add one can whole or diced tomatoes. Return pork chops to top of mixture - pour any juices that have accumulated on the plate back into the skillet, cover with lid. Simmer for approx. 30-45 minutes until rice is done and pork chops have steamed until fully cooked and tender.
- Use a heavy skillet, keep heat low and do not open or stir unless you feel you absolutely have to.
The Cookdixiediner MS
Cookin Moms348 members
On A Budget555 members
I Like Food82 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Back To Basics345 members
Southern Essentials223 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen84 members
Southern Cooks552 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Basic Essentials55 members