Slow Cooker Dyi Field Goal FajitasFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 cup Mexican-style fajita sauce and marinade shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 3-lb boneless pork shoulder, well trimmed shopping list
- 2 medium red peppers, cut in 1/2-in wide strips shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Serve with: soft flour tortillas, assorted Stand 'n Stuff taco shells, guacamole, shredded lettuce and salsa
- Mix fajita sauce and garlic in 4-qt or larger slow-cooker. Add pork; turn to coat. Scatter peppers around pork. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or until pork is very tender.
- At least 20 minutes or up to 2 hours before serving, toss onion slices with lime juice, and salt in a small serving bowl. Then refrigerate, tossing occasionally, until onions are slightly wilted.
- Remove pork to a cutting board. Shred with 2 forks into bite-size pieces. Return to slow-cooker; stir in cilantro.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and let guests fill their own tortillas or taco shells. Serve with the picked onion.