Melon in HoneyFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- You can make this fast dessert with any kind of melon, though a mixture (honeydew and cantaloupe)provides an a attractive contrast in color as well as texture. Choose heavy melons and rely on your nose to find one with a sweet, ripe taste. You can use mangos and papaya's as well. Basically any fruit. shopping list
- 4 cups balls, slices, or pieces of a mixture of honeydew and cantaloupe (or other melon) shopping list
- 1 large lime shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or spirit of your choice (optional, you can add vanilla too if you wish. Again I am in love with Trader Joe's vanilla bean Paste.) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the melons in half and remove the seeds.
- Use a melon baler to make balls, or use a knife to cut the flesh into pieces.
- Peel the lime with a vegetable peeler.
- Stack the strips of skin together and mince into a fine julienne.
- Add them to the melon with the juice of the lime (approximately 1/3 cup) and the honey.
- Stir the mixture and macerate for 1 hour if time allows.
- Add a tablespoon of dark rum or another spirit of your choice.
- Serve in small, deep dishes.
- Optional: I serve this sometimes with fresh whip cream with toasted coconut
- To turn this into a meal beside the yogurt. Sometimes I eat this wtih Prosciutto. This little dessert or brunch or side dish you can do anything with. Isn't cooking great?
People Who Like This Dish 1
- recipediva Philly, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔