LasagneFrom maddie 10 years ago
- 1 lb (450 g) minced beef shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 14 oz can tomatoes shopping list
- 2 1/4 oz can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 level tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 level tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 level tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/4 level tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 level tsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 6 oz (175 g) lasagne shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 8 oz (225 g) Ricotta or cream cheese shopping list
- 8 oz (225 g) mozzarella cheese diced shopping list
- bay leaf shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan cook the minced beef and onion until the beef is
- browned, stirring. Add the tomatoes with their liquid, tomato paste, sugar,
- salt, herbs and spices.
- Bring to the boil, stirring. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 30
- minutes, keep stirring occasionally. Discard the bay leaf.
- Tilt the pan and spoon off any fat from the sauce. Meanwhile, cook the
- lasagne in a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Drain well.
- In a greased roasting tin or oven proof dish arrange half the lasagne
- sheets, carefully overlapping them to fit the dish neatly.
- Mix the beaten egg with the Ricotta cheese and stir well. Spoon half of the
- mixture over the top of the lasagne and spread it out evenly to the edges,
- to cover the lasagne.
- Sprinkle over half the Mozzarella and top with half the meat sauce. Repeat layers, finishing with meat sauce. Bake at 190 C (375 F) mark 5 for about 45 minutes.
The Cookmaddie Bangalore, IN
The Rating7 people
my favorite too, thanksnakedchef in Taichung loved it
Cooked this for my flat mates last night, we all loved it, a fantastic dish :)funkyd in Auckland loved it
Look absolutely delicious... Am looking forward to cooking up a storm with this one!simon_t in Coolum Beach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!