Sweet and Sour Chicken BallsFrom princethecockerspaniel 7 years ago
- 2 (8 oz) cans of crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 c. of white vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder shopping list
- 2 tbsp. of cornstarch shopping list
- 3 c. of sugar shopping list
- chicken BALL BATTER shopping list
- 3 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breasts, chucked shopping list
- 2 c. of flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp. of baking soda shopping list
- 2 c.of cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp.of sugar shopping list
- 2 2/3 c. of cold water shopping list
- oil (for frying) shopping list
- seasoning salt (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- First you want to drain pineapple, keep the juice.
- Then you want to take a saucepan and add in the sugar, tomatoes, vinegar, onion, green pepper, soy sauce, ginger and pineapple.
- This should cook on low for approx. 20 minutes.
- Now take a bowl, and add in then wisk the reserved pineapple juice until smooth, then add to the tomato mixture.
- Now this should come to a boil and cook for approx. 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Then this should be removed from heat.
- Cool this.
- For the chicken balls, take a bowl and add in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and water until smooth.
- Then you need to heat oil in a deep-fryer or Dutch oven at 375 degrees.
- The chicken pieces can be dipped into the batter, then dropped in hot oil and fry until golden (approx.5 minutes).
- Let grease go on paper towel..
- Immediately sprinkle with seasoning salt .
- Serve immediately with sweet and sour sauce.
The Cookprincethecockerspaniel Del Mar, CA
The Rating2 people
some of the ingredients aren't in the list - peppers and onion... was v good though. I was very excited that I could make this, its one of my favourite chinese dishes.hotfigs in London loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!