Dessert Zucchini BakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound zucchini peeled cored and sliced in chunks shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup plus 3/4 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup butter softened shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place zucchini and lemon juice in a large saucepan then cover and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Add nutmeg, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon then blend until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter then pat into a greased rectangular pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour zucchini mixture which will be very watery over crust and bake 20 minutes more.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and sprinkle over top then bake 5 minutes longer then cool before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!